Saturday 26 September 2015

Current Beauty Favourites

Over the past month, I have been keeping my make up relatively simple as I have had a few early starts for university and the last thing I want to be doing at 6am is a full face of make up. By narrowing down what products I use, I have been able to rely up 'the selected few' to create my fresh faced look.


My current favourite face product is the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue. This lightweight BB-style cream gives a light to buildable coverage with a pea sized amount. I absolutely adore the finish of this product; it gives a subtle glow yet manages to cover some sins at the same time. Normally, I am a fan of using a brush to apply my base make up but I find that using my fingers is best for this product. I pat the product between my fingers before applying onto my face and it allows it to spread like a dream. After a long day, the last thing I want to find out is that my face make up has become patchy but this little beauty stays in place all day and doesn't budge. Definitely worth the money!!

Lets be honest here, half the beauty community and their Granny has the Benefit They're Real Mascara.  But I can honestly say that this is fast becoming my all time favourite mascara E V E R! It applies beautifully (with rarely any clumps) and gives the perfect balance between volume and length. I normally apply this by giving it a slow wiggle at the roots of my lashes before applying 4 - 5 strokes on each eye and then repeating. 

Benefit's Gimme Brow is simple yet highly effective. I have light brown hair and the light/medium shade suits me perfectly. It allows my brows to stay in place all day whilst also giving a little more definition and structure. Applying a few upward strokes to the inside of my brow seems to give  some pigmentation to the sparse areas. Then, using the tip to go down the tail of my brow it gives me the arched, full-bodied shape that suits me. I have had this item for quite a while now and it doesn't seem to be running out. It does possess a certain likeness to Mary Poppin's handbag. 

Lipstick! My other quilty pleasure in life. The No 7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Pomegranate is perfect for the transition between Summer and Autumn as it is pink enough yet has that gorgeous berry tone to allow it to be worn in both the day and night. To make it 'stay perfect' I find that blotting and reapplying works best. I am relatively pail and I feel that this lipstick really does go 'WOW' without being over the top. Very affordable and simply stunning. 

The next product is relatively new to me as I have only had it for just over a week but already it has placed itself firmly in my handbag. I had never heard of this brand before, however I am not sure why as it is brilliant. I have had dry skin for all of my life and I find my hands get dry throughout the day. The Greenscape Organic Cocoa Butter Hand and Nail Cream has a rich formula that moisturises the skin with a creamy, silky feel but sinks in super fast. It does not contain any parabens, petrochemicals, sulphates, glycols or synthetic colours so it can be loved by all, including those with sensitive skin. And it smells amazing. I picked this up in a local independent department store but it is also available on Amazon. 

All of the products stated above have become regulars in my morning routine and I am positive that I will repurchase ALL of them!

1 comment:

  1. i just follow your blog.nice work <3
    www.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete